We know student stress is on the rise, and we know what to do about it. Research is showing that even a few brief mindful moments a day can help relieve some of the pressure that kids AND ADULTS are feeling. Moving our bodies is also key to sharpening our minds.
Check out this video of kids playing Walk! Stop! Wiggle! Sit!
What’d you think?
Here are a few of our favorite resources for teaching mindfulness & movement in the classroom:
- Mindfulness & Movement Cards for the K-12 Classroom
- Brain Breaks activities, routines, research, and management tips
- Teacher perspectives on Mindfulness in the classroom: Settle down & Take a break
- CASEL’s core competencies
- Balloon lung demo instructions
- Hoberman’s sphere
- DIY Glitter jar
- Next Step Adventure’s M&M Resources
- Blog posts from Next Step Adventure
- Notes for presenting your own workshop on Mindfulness, Stress, and Anxiety
Contact us to see how we can support your efforts to reduce student stress and anxiety!